06 August 2012

Blessed

I haven't had much inspiration the past few weeks.  I have gone over and over certain parts of my story, knowing they weren't right, but not knowing how to fix them.  I think part of my lack of inspiration and creativity had to do with some personal struggles I was having, but God has been doing a work in my heart, and has blessed me so much once again!  I am always amazed at how God blesses me-- overwhelmed, because it's always more than I expect.  He doesn't always work in the ways I expect Him too, but His ways are always better.
As I have struggled, I have felt helpless, because even as I was trying to get back on track I still couldn't change my feelings and emotions.  What I have realized is that it's true, I can't change my feelings and emotions-- but I can change my focus, and that can make a huge difference.  I have been realizing once again how blessed I am, feeling overwhelmed by the blessings that fill my life.  Health, a good job, warm bed, food, a loving, supportive husband, a wonderful family who prays for me and loves me unconditionally, and the blessing of having some of them nearby again; a good church family, friends.  Above all this, the hope of glory, an inheritance among them which are sanctified, and the ability to come boldly into the presence of my God through the sacrifice of His son.
I have been reminded, too, that I have work to do.  But God has blessed me again by inspiring my creative faculty once more.  It has been incredibly discouraging lately to not feel like writing; to feel like it doesn't matter; to feel like I don't have the ability to do it, anyway; to feel frustrated because I can't figure out how to fix the problem areas of my story, etc.  But in church on Sunday, as I was talking to God, it suddenly came to me how I could fix one of the areas of my story that I have been struggling with.  It is perfect.  It will unfold a little differently, but I like it a lot better than what I had before.  I can see it coming together in my mind's eye, and with that the old excitement of creativity has surged through me again.
I am blessed indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment