16 August 2017

Broken

Broken.  Weak.  Tired.  Sorrowful.  Emotional.  Mess.  

These are all words that come to mind when I think of where I’m at currently.  

It has been such a hard season.  The loss of dear friends, has caused me such grief.  Greater than I even realized.  All of the changes-- so abrupt, so overwhelming.  And the conflicts James and I have had because of our stress and worry.  

It has built and built.  All of the emotion.  Until I finally just have nothing left.  Last week I reached a breaking point.  

But I reached out-- and thankfully kind hands caught me and lifted me out of despair, pointing me toward truth.  

I feel like I am slowly healing.  

I am still a mess.  I still fall apart emotionally, so easily.  So many deep emotions lurking just below the surface.  But.  I am finally coming out of this valley.  

Our kind pastor reminded me of my identity.  When I am falling apart emotionally, he pointed me to this chapter, Ephesians 1.  In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.  

There is no condemnation.  I am God’s princess.  I am dearly loved-- by God first and foremost.  But also by my family.  My family-- who have had so much grace and patience for me this week.  

This difficult season will pass.  I am beginning to see the light.  

No comments:

Post a Comment