14 January 2012

"The tongue of the righteous is a fountain of life..."

I read the above verse in Proverbs today and it struck me particularly.  This is something I have been struggling with a lot lately.  I often speak harsh or impatient words, very often un-kind ones, I’m sorry to say.  So lately I have really been trying to watch that tendency.  Unfortunately the words rise up so quickly they often come out before I even have time to think and realize what I’m doing.  I have a very quick temper, so while my anger doesn’t usually last long, it doesn’t take much to rouse my temper and for me to speak sharp, hurtful words without thinking.  I always regret it afterwards.  So I am trying to intentionally watch that and cut back on the sharp, hurtful things I say.  Today my prayer is, “Lord, make my tongue a fountain of life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment